Why A Financial Planner Is Important
Whether you have a specific goal in mind or you need help shaping your finances in general, a financial planner can give you greater confidence moving into the future. So, what is a financial planner and why is a financial planner so important? A financial planner is a personal advisor who helps clients with both short-term and long-term financial goals. Because the planner provides one-on-one advice rather than generalized financial lessons, clients can expect plans customized specifically for their wants and needs. Find out what is a financial planner, and learn how a service like IntentGen can benefit you.
Financial Advisor vs. Planner
What’s the difference between a financial advisor vs. planner? You may hear the terms used interchangeably. However, the two provide slightly different services for the savy investor. A financial planner is a more specialized type of financial advisor. So while all planners are advisors, not all advisors are planners. Take a look at the key differences below:
- Focus: Financial advisors are typically focused on specific transactions or investments. A financial planner looks broadly at the investor’s long-term plans for a more holistic approach.
- Payment: Financial advisors are usually paid annually, and they may earn commissions based on the products they sell. Financial planners are more flexible, charging either flat fees or hourly rates for their services.
- Credentials: Most advisors and planners have the same types of credentials: Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) licensing exams, Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designations, and more.
Why Choose a Financial Planner?
Now you know what is a financial planner, so why might you employ their services? A financial planner can help you achieve greater peace of mind when it comes to your hard earned money. Here are some reasons that investors choose financial planners like IntentGen:
- Long-Term Planning: Your financial planner will look at your income and investments to best shape your future. This helps you save with a purpose, so you maximize your gains.
- Short-Term Changes: Life changes can happen, and you can find specialized planners to help you through financial challenges - such as a divorce financial planner or a debt financial planner.
- Financial Goals: Do you have a specific goal in mind, like saving for a growing family or retirement? Your planner can help you best utilize your resources toward these goals.
- Beneficiary Security: If you want to discuss future asset transfers to heirs and beneficiaries, your planner can assist with both the financial and legal aspects.
Secure Your Financial Future with IntentGen
Now you know what is a financial planner and why their services are so valuable, so are you ready to take the next steps? Feel free to contact us at IntentGen with any questions. We’d love to work with you.